- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sprouted brown basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 jar of Salsa
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound large (31 to 35 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or thyme
· STEP ONE
For the rice: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in small sauce pan over medium heat. Add rice and cook 2 minutes, add garlic and continue to cook until rice is lightly toasted, about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
· STEP TWO
For the shrimp: Puree the salsa in a blender and press through a medium mesh strainer into a bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the salsa and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced to the consistency of tomato paste, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, honey and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
· STEP THREE
Stir the shrimp into the cooked salsa and cook, stirring constantly until the shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes.
· STEP FOUR
For the green beans: Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
· STEP FIVE
Rinse red onion under cold water and shake until dry. Serve shrimp garnished with red onion and cilantro over rice with green beans.
Photo Credit: www.readyseteat.com
Leave a Reply