- 1½ tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 350ml full-fat milk
- 1-2 tbsp creamed horseradish (optional)
- small bunch dill, chopped
- 1 large bunch spring onions, chopped
- zest 1 lemon
- 2 x 175g packs smoked trout fillets, any skin and bones removed, flaked into big chunks
- 450g leftover mashed potato
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then stir in the flour for 1 min. Gradually stir in the milk and horseradish, if using. Bubble the sauce to thicken for a couple of mins, then add the dill, three-quarters of the onions, the lemon zest, fish and some seasoning. Pour into 4 individual pie dishes or 1 large pie dish.
- Mix the mashed potato with the remaining spring onion. Spoon over the fish mixture, then bake for 15-20 mins until golden and bubbling.
Photo Credit: www.sealord.com
Leave a Reply