- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 eggs
- 2 strips celery, diced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocktail sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika, for garnish
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water and let cool. Peel eggs and reserve 1 egg for the garnish. Chop the remaining 4 eggs.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine macaroni, eggs, celery, onion, green pepper, shrimp and crab.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, dill, mint, salt, sugar, cocktail sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour the dressing mixture into the macaroni mixture and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle top with paprika and decorate with extra sliced egg. Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 4 to 6 hours.
Photo Credit: www.simplyrecipes.com
Leave a Reply